In a few days, millions of people around the world celebrate “Easter”, commemorating the resurrection of Jesus Christ on the third day after His crucifixion at Calvary as described in the New Testament.
The origin of this term is uncertain, though it is commonly thought to derive from Eastre, the name of a Teutonic spring goddess. In essence Christianity is really about Christ Himself, He is the core because without Christ, there is no Christianity.
Easter means several significant things for Christians
1. The resurrection is one of the major evidences that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
2. Jesus’ resurrection represents an assurance that mankind has forgiveness for sin.
3. The resurrection tells the world that the kingdom of God is ruled by a living being.
4. Jesus’ resurrection proves that physical death is not the termination of human existence and that is good news for those who look forward to eternal life.
5. Easter is a wonderful reminder to practice forgiveness. As God forgives us, we need to pass that forgiveness on to our friends and family. Is there someone you need to forgive this Easter Sunday….maybe now is the time to finally reconcile those differences.
* * *
If you want help to get on track to a Happy Self, A Happy Marriage, A Happy Home, A Happy Workplace or a Happy Life – Contact Me Here